This collection of PowerPoint (PPT) presentations is a work in progress. It intends to grow day by day, contributions from readers is highly appreciated. This means that if you want to share your PPT or any other resource you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure that it will be considered. This is the list of the pharmacology PowerPoint presentations available at Pharmacology Corner:
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Dose-effect relationship and related concepts.
- Drug receptor interactions.
- Pharmacokinetics and polypharmacy in the elderly.
- Calcium channel blockers.
- Drugs for heart failure therapy
- Drugs for the treatment of angina pectoris (nitrates, beta blockers).
- ACE inhibitors, ARBs, and calcium channel blockers.
- Diuretics: MOA, indications, side effects and therapeutic considerations.
- Pharmacology of antiarrythmic drugs. From pathophysiology to therapeutics.
Drugs acting on ANS, CNS and neuromuscular junction
- Lectures on ANS pharmacology.
- Pathophysiology and clinical features of migraine.
- Lectures on antiemetics pharmacology: MOA, indications, side effects and new drugs reviewed.
- Overview on antidepressants pharmacology.
- Antipsychotics (neuroleptics) review.
- Neuromuscular blockers.
Pharmacotherapy of pain: analgesia and anesthesia
- NSAIDs overview.
- Lectures on opioids: mechanism of action, pharmacological effects and more.
- General anesthesia and anesthetic agents
Other relevant topics
- Cancer chemotherapy
- Monoclonal antibody therapy.
- Embryonic Stem Cells potential: PowerPoint presentations from academia.
- Pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine.
Updated: January 2010