This page will be constantly updated on the latest news about the possible interaction between the antiplatelet drug clopidogrel (Plavix) and PPIs.
News on this interaction are be posted in a timeline style:
- 8 October 2010. Prescribing advice for GPs: PPIs, clopidogrel and CV Risk
- 10 December 2009. NPCi blog: Cardiovascular outcomes and mortality in patients using clopidogrel with a PPI: more data
- 17 November, 2009. FDA: Drug interaction between Clopidogrel Bisulfate (marketed as Plavix) and Omeprazole.
- 06 October, 2009. NeLM – News. Review: Potential interaction between clopidogrel and proton pump inhibitors.
- 11 September, 2009. NPCi blog. Clopidogrel plus PPIs: doubts about clinical relevance of interaction.
- 29 May, 2009. EMEA statement on possible interaction between clopidogrel and proton pump inhibitors